If you’ve been injured in a car accident, you may be wondering how you will get the compensation you deserve for your pain and suffering. Insurance companies will fight hard to minimize their costs in a lawsuit settlement, so having experienced legal assistance in your corner is a must. The attorneys at Abels & Annes, P.C., handle many cases involving various types of personal injury claims, such as:
The bottom line is that after a car accident you will need medical care, which can be costly. An appropriate lawsuit settlement can provide you with the compensation you need to recover from this traumatic event. The attorneys at Abels & Annes, P.C. have recovered millions of dollars for clients and their families.
The following is a list of some of some of our recent lawsuit settlements for people injured in a car accident:
- $600,000 – In this wrongful death case, a passenger was killed in a contested liability auto accident. The insurance policy limits of $500,000 were collected from one defendant, and the victim’s uninsured motorist coverage of $100,000 was collected for the liability of the other defendant who was uninsured.
- $460,000 – A driver failed to yield at a of a stop sign, hitting our client’s vehicle. The plaintiff suffered a herniated disc, and had to undergo surgeries to repair this injury.
- $250,000 – In this case a Chicago area resident suffered a herniated disc and had surgery after being hit by an uninsured driver. An uninsured motorist claim filed and we were able to collect the insurance policy limits.
- $220,000 – This uninsured motorist claim reached a settlement for two minor children that were fatally injured in a north suburban car accident. The at-fault driver was driving under the influence and crossed the center line, causing the accident.
- $100,000 – In this hit and run case, we were able to settle for insurance policy limits for a passenger who sustained multiple facial fractures in an accident where the at-fault driver fled the scene.
- $100,000 – Resolved a negligence lawsuit settlement for a defendant’s auto insurance policy limits. In addition, we are now pursuing an underinsured motorist claim (http://www.daveabels.com/injury-law/uninsured-and-underinsured-motorist-claims-in-chicago) against the client’s own insurance policy to obtain additional compensation on her behalf.
- $95,000 – A pedestrian was hit in a crosswalk and sustained ankle injuries from a car that was speeding in a parking lane while passing other stopped vehicles on the right.
- $74,000 – This lawsuit was settled case for a Chicago resident who was injured as a passenger in a single vehicle accident in Wisconsin. She sustained a fractured wrist and suffered from post traumatic stress as a result of the collision.
- $63,000 – In this contested liability auto accident case, our client was hospitalized with a leg fracture and severe chest pain.
- $55,000 – This Chicago car vs. skateboard accident case settled for a Chicago teen who was hit by a car while crossing in a crosswalk on his skateboard. The client sustained a broken nose and dental injuries.
- $20,000 – A client who suffered arm scarring and lacerations when her SUV was hit hard enough to flip it over received compensation for her insurance policy limits. We are also currently pursuing an underinsured motorist claim for her.
- $19,000 – Our client in this case sustained neck and back injuries when his vehicle was struck by a drunk driver. Our client called 911 after the defendant fled the scene, and the defendant was ultimately caught after a police chase.
Injured in a Car Accident? Receive Free Injury Consultation
If you have been injured in a car accident, request a Free Car Accident Injury Case Consultation or call (312) 924-7575 today to get the lawsuit settlement that you need and deserve.