A Strong Legal Advocate For Accident Victims
Eric Hults joined Abels & Annes, P.C. as an associate attorney in 2017. He specializes in representing victims of injuries arising from auto accidents, pedestrian accidents and premises liability cases. Eric is a staunch advocate on behalf of his clients and works tirelessly to make sure every injury victim receives the maximum award possible in their case.
Eric was born and raised in the Detroit area and is a graduate of the University of Michigan. Eric is a huge Wolverines fan and remains active in the Michigan alumni community.
After graduating from college, Eric moved to Chicago to attend law school at Loyola University Chicago School of Law. At Loyola, Eric excelled in legal writing and advocacy. He also volunteered at the juvenile temporary detention center teaching young people about the court system and their rights.
Eric understands that the legal system can be unfair and confusing for those who are unfamiliar with it. He believes that people need an advocate with experience when they have to deal with the court system or insurance companies. He believes this is especially true when someone suffers injuries through no fault of their own.
Past Legal Experience
Prior to joining the Abels & Annes, P.C., Eric practiced in a small general practice firm in Chicago where he handled a variety of litigation matters and counselled clients in corporate and administrative law. He worked closely with clients to advance their interests and protect their rights.
Before starting in private practice, Eric worked as an attorney for the City of Chicago. Among other roles, he represented the Department of Buildings litigating cases to help protect the health and safety of Chicago communities. Eric appeared in court every day, advocating on behalf of the City.
Eric believes in putting clients first. He prides himself on being available to speak with or meet with clients and to do so on their schedules. When working on a case, Eric does all he can to see his clients through to a successful recovery.
Eric is a member of the following organizations:
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
Personal Injury Settlements
At Abels & Annes, P.C., Eric has secured numerous favorable settlements for his clients who were injured by other parties.
- $63,500 for a passenger in a rear-end on the Kennedy Expressway. The client suffered a compression fracture in his neck which was treated without surgery.
- $105,000 settlement for a client when a negligent driver ran a red light, causing a t-bone collision. The client suffered a compression fracture in her neck, which left her in a cervical collar for several weeks.
- $50,000 policy limit settlement for two clients who were injured when their vehicle was rear-ended at high speed. The clients both sustained back and neck injuries and were treated without surgery.
- $65,000 for a client who suffered a broken rib which developed into lung complications after being rear-ended by commercial truck on the Kennedy Expressway. The insurance company involved initially argued that the lung complications were unrelated to the collision. Eric successfully negotiated a settlement that fully compensated the client for his injuries.
- $76,000 for a client who was a passenger in collision involving a turning semi-truck. The client suffered a laceration on her leg, which later became infected and required extensive wound care treatment. Eric negotiated between two insurance companies to achieve the best possible outcome for the client.
- $50,000 policy limit settlement for two bicyclists that involved in a collision while waiting to cross the street. Both cyclists had medical care for head injuries and soft tissue injuries. Eric fought for the maximum amount possible under the driver’s insurance policy.
Eric lives in the Edgewater neighborhood of Chicago, with his wife and two young children.