Travelers Insurance provides insurance for a wide range of different types of personal property: homes, vehicles, boats, and more. Unfortunately, you may find delays or difficulty in processing your Travelers Insurance claim. When it comes to personal injury claims with Travelers Insurance, we're here to help. Contact our Chicago insurance dispute attorneys at Abels & Annes today at (312) 924-7575 to learn more about how we can help you negotiate your Travelers Insurance claim.
Auto Accident Claims with Travelers Insurance
Travelers Insurance covers several different types of property. The company offers homeowner insurance, renter insurance, insurance on motor vehicles, and insurance for boats, yachts, and other leisure vehicles.
Auto accidents can lead to a significant insurance settlement, depending on the conditions of the accident. When you're involved in an auto accident with a vehicle covered by Travelers Insurance, you can expect coverage for:
- Property damage: Damage to a vehicle as a result of your accident. Were you responsible for the accident? If so, your vehicle coverage depends on a comprehensive insurance plan with Travelers Insurance. Was the other driver at fault? The other driver's liability policy should cover your property damages.
- Medical bills: If you were injured in an accident with an individual who carries Travelers Insurance, the carrier may be responsible for paying for your medical bills. This includes the current cost of your medical bills at the time of the settlement as well as the medical bills that can reasonably be anticipated after your settlement.
- Lost wages: Were you out of work as a result of the accident? If you're seriously injured, you could be out of work for an extended period of time. If so, Travelers Insurance can be held liable for your lost income.
- Pain and suffering: The injuries from your accident will determine how much you receive for pain and suffering. For example, you may receive a larger settlement if you sustain permanent or long-term injuries in the accident.
- Funeral and burial expenses: If there is a fatality in an accident with someone who carries Travelers Insurance, you can reasonably expect payment for funeral and burial expenses.
Premises Liability Claims with Travelers
Did you suffer an injury due to the negligence of a homeowner or business owner? They could have insurance with Travelers and you could quickly find yourself dealing with a difficult insurance adjuster.
Claims Against a Homeowner
Our injury lawyers often deal with cases where our clients sustain an injury while in someone's home. For example, a trip and fall while walking down defective stairs that have multiple building code violations. Or an injury from a porch collapse in Chicago.
Claims Against a Business Owner
We often work on claims for plaintiffs that have been injured at a business, such as grocery stores or any other type of commercial establishment. For example, a slip and fall that causes serious injuries. The accident could be due to a wet floor or a spill. Sometimes the condition is caused by a store employee, or it could be another customer. Either way, the business owner has a duty to keep their premises reasonably safe for customers.
What Are Common Issues with Travelers Insurance Claims?
Whether you're dealing with a car accident claim, a premises liability case, or a boat accident claim, there are several common obstacles you may encounter while processing your insurance claim. In many cases, working with a lawyer can be the most effective way to work through a complex claim. An attorney can help ensure that you receive proper compensation. Common challenges include:
Delaying your claim. Significant delay in the claims process can leave you unable to pay necessary expenses or struggling with other issues while awaiting a resolution.
Denying fault. When dealing with Travelers Insurance after an accident caused by a driver they cover, an adjuster may attempt to deny fault in the accident. Insurance companies may provide evidence that suggests their driver was not at fault for an accident. Or they may try to show other factors that could have contributed to the accident.
Offering a much lower settlement than you deserve. Your insurance settlement helps cover your expenses related to an incident, whether it's damage to your person, or your vehicle. In some cases, Travelers Insurance may provide you with a settlement offer that is less than you anticipated. Significant disputes can mean you may not have the funds in hand to properly account for your expenses. Working with a lawyer is the most effective way to reach a good settlement. Your attorney will know whether the offer is fair, or if it's a lowball and it's time to file a lawsuit.
How Much Will a Lawyer Cost Me?
It will cost you nothing up front. When you work with us, we'll give you a free consultation to learn more about your issues with Travelers Insurance. We work on a contingent fee basis. There is no attorney's fee unless you win, and we advance the case costs. This allows you to move forward with your life without worrying about how you're going to pay for a lawyer.
Get Legal Help Now. If you've been struggling with a Travelers Insurance claim, make sure you get the legal help you need now. Contact Abels & Annes online or call at (312) 924-7575 to schedule your free consultation.
For more information about another specific insurance agency after your accident look through some of our other legal resources below: