Injured in a Car Accident? Learn What You Should Do
Awhile back, we created a page called “What to do in a Motor Vehicle Accident
” and we wanted to share this on our blog for those who may have missed it. Often times when we are in an auto accident, we panic, and rightfully so as we just experienced a traumatic event. I would highly recommend you save and print the instructions in the What to do in a Motor Vehicle Accident
article and keep it in your car, or bookmark this link on your smartphone.
If you were just in an accident, if you can, stop and take 10 deep breaths, and try to remain calm.
AT THE ACCIDENT
- Stop if you are involved in an accident. Do not leave the scene, as there can be criminal charges for leaving the scene of an accident.
- Make sure everyone in your car is not injured. If there are serious injuries, do not try to move them unless absolutely necessary. If you are injured and in pain, and it is safe to remain in your car, do not move until emergency personnel arrives.
- Call the police and let them know if there are injuries. Make sure a police report is made (you will need one later for any type of claim).
- Move your car off the road if you can do so safely. Use your flashing hazard lights and use emergency flares if you have them.
- Do not get into an argument or confrontation with the other driver.
To read the full article, continue here